1 Nephi 15:28-29
28 And I said unto them that it was an awful gulf, which separated the wicked from the tree of life, and also from the saints of God.
29 And I said unto them that it was a representation of that awful hell, which the angel said unto me was prepared for the wicked.
The thought that occurred to me after reading these scriptures is that we can be living in a state of hell here on Earth. If the way we are living our lives isn't in harmony with the gospel we will be divided from the spirit and from our Heavenly Father. Being separated from our Heavenly Father's influence is the definition of Hell. As we make daily decisions that separate us from the Savior we can also be placing ourselves in Hell daily.
Saturday, January 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I've actually been studying about that scripture in my BOM class. It's very interesting and definitely applies to us. Hopefully we can get together and start working on our group project this week. Write me and tell me what time is good for you.
Post a Comment